Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 22:55:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccd setup help please.

	I am trying to set up 2 drives asone logical filesystem using the ccd
	driver under 2.2-STABLE of a few months back. This is my first atempt
	to set up a disk by hand uder FreeBSD, so I must bedoing somethng
	stupid. Here is waht I have done:

	1. Recompiled the kernel with ccd driver

	2. did a MAKDEV ccd0

	3. didi a disklable -r -w /dev/sd0 (and sd1 & sd2)

	4. Didi a dikslable -e on /dev/sd0c (and 1 and 2) and changed
	   the partition type to FreeBSD

	5. did  ccdconfig 16 0 sd0 sd1 sd2
	   at this point I get a kernel error message about Primary Partition
	   having a bad magic number.

	6. newfs /dev/ccd0 ( at this point I start to get alternate
	   superblocks, but shortly my computer hangs).

	Am I doing something wrong here? Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems