Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 18:36:53 -0400
From:      "dave" <dmehler@siscom.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: transposing ppp chat

Hi,
    Sorry about being unclear. Here goes. I've got an fbsd box set up as a
gateway to the internet for my internal users. Currently i'm connecting to
my isp via user ppp and to start this process i have to ssh from an internal
machine to the router, and start ppp from there. What i'd like is a web
interface, ideally i'd like to be able to point my internal machines' web
browsers to a internal web page and from there they could start, view status
of, and take down ppp. The only examples i've found of this deal with kernel
ppp, which i can not get the chat sequence right so it will work with my
isp. What i'd like is to take the user ppp chat sequence and have kernel ppp
read it or even better find a user ppp web connection script.
    I hope this makes a little more sense.
Thanks.
Dave.