Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:25:26 -0400
From:      "Ben Pfountz" <netprince@vt.edu>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   new prism firmware (1.7.4) breaks hostap mode...

I have a prism based card (from netgate) running in hostap mode.  I have
been using firmware 1.5.6, everything worked great.  I heard that the new
firmware supports disabling the public SSID broadcast similar to what the
linksys and d-link AP's can do.  I installed version 1.7.4 (on clients and
server) and the clients can no longer associate with the server.  The
clients can still associate to other AP's.

I can easily revert to the old firmware, so this is not a critical problem.
Is there anything I can do to help support this version of the firmware, or
should I just revert to the older version?

Thanks,

Ben

wi0 at port 0x240-0x27f irq 5 slot 0 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:02:6f:01:fa:3f
wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3873
wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.01.01, Station 1.07.04

-----
Ben Pfountz
B.S. Computer Science
Computer Systems Engineer, Center for Power Electronic Systems