Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:40:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   openssh: scp not working

Hi,

Today (11/18/99) I installed OpenSSH from freshly cvsup'd ports on a
couple systems to give it a try. Interactive sessions work fine, however
scp doesn't appear to.

I've poked around and haven't seen anything obvious and since my systems
are fairly clean, I wanted to check and see if anyone else had these
problems.

When I scp with the remote server running OpenSSH and the local system
running either the official ssh or openssh, after authenticating, it
errors out.

Here's an example session:

scp ./testfile test@other.host.com:~
test@other.host.com's password: