Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2012 23:41:09 +0200
From:      Olav Gjerde <olavgg@gmail.com>
Subject:   Kernel modules are broken after updating to the latest FreeBSD 9-STABLE

Yesterday I updated to the latest version of FreeBSD 9-STABLE. I
always follow the procedure in the manual ->
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
And I use the GENERIC config with no modifications.

The system boots fine, however quite a few important kernel modules no
longer works. Specifically nullfs, fdescfs, zfs, zlib, xfs, while some
other modules like geom_mirror and geom_raid works.

I get the following error messages:
KLD nullfs.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
KLD fdescfs.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

What could have gone wrong? What can I do to fix this?