Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:18:57 -0600
From:      "K. Gunderson" <kgun@iacan.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Comsat and Biff Question

Greets All:

I've got a 3.2 stable box on which I've disabled inetd, as advised in
JKB's security how-to.  Now my logs reveal the following:

/kernel: Connection attempt to UDP 127.0.0.1:512 from 127.0.0.1:1126 .

So biff is wanting comsat to notify me about mail.  Yet I don't have
biff=y anywhere in my .login or .profile.  Clould someone please clue me
in here. Is this something in sendmail.cf?

Thanks--Ken
http://www.y2know.org/safari

Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with your Microsoft product.