Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:43:54 -0800
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@acm.org>
To:        Andrew Belashov <bel@orel.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble with APM suspend in 5.3-R

Andrew Belashov wrote:
> Dave Walton wrote:
>
>> Since I now have a core file, I expect you'd like to see a backtrace...
>> (Which is about the extent of my knowledge of gdb.)
>>
>> [...]
>>

> Look like bug in pcm(4). Try to disable a sound support.

Ok, I've tried that.  I removed sound.ko and snd_mss.ko from
/boot/loader.conf, rebooted without sound support, and did
suspend/resume.  Upon resume, FreeBSD locked up, requiring me to turn
off the system to recover.  Now what?  How do we continue
troubleshooting with no error message and no core dump?

Thanks,
Dave