Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2002 12:02:52 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: POP3 with Web Interface Email Application

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 03:18:41PM +0400, Fawaz wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We are a small company, and we have a POP3 Email server that is running by
> iPlanet. I need to to build a web interface so I can check the email by a
> browser. Since that iPlanet thing was provided by some 3rd party company,
> which is not able to setup an application that fits our need, I thought of
> building a server, and installing some application on that server to pull
> the messages from the POP3 account, and publish it by Apache -as an example.
> Any idea? Thanking you in advance

SquirrelMail in the ports may be just what you're looking for.  Provided
you can pull the mail off the iPlanet box and deliver it to the correct
mailboxes on your server, then it should work just fine.

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \