Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2017 08:49:55 +0000
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        Christian Kujau <lists@nerdbynature.de>
Cc:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>,  "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need help with rc.d script

By the looks of it the while loop with never exit unless the wget fails,
therefore the rc script calling the script will never exit.
If this is intended have a look at calling the the script via the daemon
command as that will handle back grounding it.

its quicker to invoke with the following, then you dont have to edit the
script

sh -x <script>