Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:23:35 UT
From:      mc@speakeasy.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.4rc4 & XFree86 4.1.0

i installed 4.4 rc4 from cd and xfree86 4.1.0 (since i have a GeForce2 GTS card)... XF86Setup doesn't exsist so i can't correctly setup xwindows. I even tried XFree86 -configure and it made the config file and then proceeded with XFree86 -xf86config /root/XF86Config.new . XWindows did start but remained at the point were just the zig zag background and "x" mouse icon were the only things displaying. The same thing happens when i use xf86cfg... How can i fix?

This is the error i get when i run the configuration programs. It seems that i don't have my x11 fonts. I don't know how to install them, i've installed the XFree86-4-FontServer but same result.