Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:29:48 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Other things to swipe from OpenBSD

<quote>
OpenBSD's make supports ${VAR:U} and ${VAR:L} to transform a variable's
value into uppercase or lowercase. Accordingly, make tests should be coded
in a case-independent way, e.g.,

.if ${NEED_XXX:L} == "yes"
    do stuff if yes
.else
    do other stuff
.endif

There is a move to ensure all variables recognized by bsd.port.mk are always
defined, so that eventually we will get rid of defined(USE_GMAKE) and use
${USE_GMAKE:L} != "no" instead.
</quote>

I like this. If I say:

  make WANT_KDE_NDEBUG=no

then I do *not* want it to add "--disable-debug" to the CONFIGURE_ARGS.

--
Alan Eldridge
Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff $PffMmmPppMpmPpfPpm mfpmmmmmfpmpmpppff.