Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 17:29:46 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   booting from wd1 (bootmanager)

I did an installation from 0501-SNAP and chose wd1 for the
installation target.

BTW, a very good option would be to be able to get out of the
loop when you entered a wrong ftp site and can enter a different
URL.

After the installation there was no boot manager installed.

Also I thought I had done this successfully before on other systems
but installing osbs20b8 didn't show me the FreeBSD partition on drive 1.

I'm stumped. Can I fearlessly boot the SNAP boot.flp again and choose
to write the bootmgr to disk 0?