Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 01:20:22 +0900
From:      Cyril Niklaus <cynik@gmx.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are serial to USB adapters supported?

hi all,

Wondering whether these adapters (the keyspan here, for ex:
<http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19W/>) are understood by the
system (be it current or the latest release, I'd upgrade accordingly).
I'm looking at getting a garmin GPS system, and would need a serial port
on my laptop to connect the two.
But the laptop only has a serial 9 pin port if I plug the external
floppy drive; that would make the whole thing clumsy. This sharp mebius
pc-pj1 does however sport an usb port, which prompts my question.
Any success story, caveats etc?
thanks
Cyril