Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:34:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Roger P. Johnson" <rpj@fep.hirshfields.com>
To:        jb@freebsd1.cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BOCA-16 io boxes

> Chris Parry wrote:
> > Hello, I'm looking to purchase some sets of the BOCA-16 iobox (with the
> > ISA card).  Unfortunately they've been discontinued.
> >
> > Does anyone have any for sale?  Is there another vendor I can goto that
> > will be supported under FreeBSD that can give me 16 COM ports per ISA
> > card?
> >
> > Currently I can only locate one potential vendor:
> > http://www.gtek.com/products.html
> >
> > Comments welcome.
>
> What about Stallion? The drivers are in the tree.

Digi's PC/16e ISA/PCI board w/25 DB-25's or RJ-45 connectors works for me, us at work.
I use the ISA version with the DB-25's. We use them commercially useing FreeBSD and the
digiboard for our serial printers and terminals. They work great. I only use
about half of the ports on the board, and at 19200 baud max, so I can't say for a
heavily loaded system.

FreeBSD has the drivers built in.

The Digi PC/16e, what I pay, is mid to high $800 range. You can get them from Kent Datacomm,
email me if you want a phone number and/or email address.

  Roger