Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:52:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        hfwirth@eunet.at (Helmut F. Wirth)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM question: Worm devices ?

Helmut F. Wirth wrote...
> Hello,
>
> I did not build yet a new kernel with CAM, but I noticed the absence of
> the device type worm.
> I am using a HP6020 Surestore with old SCSI and worm. How is worm
> supported in CAM ?

The "officially supported" way to write CDs under CAM is to use cdrecord.
There is no WORM driver in CAM, and there probably won't be.  (My plan is
to eventually add CD-R, CD-RW, and perhaps DVD support to the CD driver.)

There's a port here:

ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/cdrecord-1.6-cam.980709.tar.gz

There's also a newer binary for -current, located here:

ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/test/cdrecord-1.6.1a3.test

I'm working with Joerg Schilling on getting CAM support in the official
cdrecord distribution.  A new version should be out in a few days with CAM
support included.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry