Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:53:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Mica=20Telodico?= <maria_libera2000@yahoo.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Hi , I'm disperated

I've recently installed FreeBSD 4.8 ,and all at the
first look was ok , this was only a try in a small
partition , and now I have decided to install it in a
bigger partition , so I've downloaded the 5.1 ISO (to
give it a try too) and I've tried to BURN it with
"burncd" . Now, I've noticed that in the DEV directory
there are the devices "acd0a" and "acd0c" , I've
thought that acd0a was DVD and acd0c was CD-RW... but
I was wrong...

ACD0 is only the DVD , CD-RW (a Liteon 52x 24x 52x)
isn't found at all!! Literally from DMESG:

ata0-slave: ATA identify retries excedeed

and sometimes it doesn't find my DVD too , with the
message :

ata1-slave: ATA identify retries excedeed

so, I'm without CD and DVD :cry:

What I can do??

My system is:

Athlon XP 2400+

MSI KT4 Ultra (KT400) MoBo

The CDRW and DVD are attached to the two slave of the
two ATA channels

Help me please , I've tried to remove the DVD in order
to try to get CDRW recognised , but it doesn't work
anyway

Thanks for help

Bye

Marcello

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/