Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:56:34 +0530
From:      "prasadg" <prasadg@in.ceeyes.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   reply

Hello all,

Iam working with freeBSD, for which i need a clarification on the following

Can we know the no.of NIC cards connected to a system(freeBSD)
and their MAC addresses.Will be there any file showing this data or any
function.

------------------------------
A small comparision
------------------------------

In linux to find the number of NIC cards present in  a system and their
ethernet addresses
/proc/net/dev
in this file we can know the addresses(MAC) and no. of cards.

Like dev in linux is there any file present in our freeBSD to solve our
problem

o'wise tell me any alternative solution for the problem.

Reply ASAP

with Regards

SNIGDHA

Software Engineer,