Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 15:18:36 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Juha Nurmela <junki@qn-lpr2-98.quicknet.inet.fi>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 channel frequencies

Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net> wrote:

> These frequency names, and their mappings to frequencies, I'm
> assuming would be universal across the entire region using the
> frequency set.

Some countries may have something called 'offsets' added
to the nominal channel frequencies (I think Finnish
national broadcaster does that for a few transmitters, which
have been badly planned). Also, after last weeks thunderstorm, one
cable-channel has shifted about 100 kHz (!!!).

Easy overriding of any default wouldn't hurt then.
Giving hints about probable vision/sound format wouldn't hurt
either, and future models might even have switchable aerial
inputs... Without any hints set, the timezone should provide
correct answers for the majority of cases ?

A convention for the personal "preset-file" would allow
for a neat scan/select/tag/memorize utility.

Juha

~/dot/tvchannels -> ~/dot/tvchannels.cable:

PAL B/G
Mono
217250 OmaKanava (11)
NICAM