Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:35:59 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Ilya Varlashkin <ilya@ripn.net>
To:        ludwigp@bigfoot.com (Ludwig Pummer)
Cc:        chad@rez.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Year 2000

According to Ludwig Pummer:
> At 02:20 PM 4/19/99 , Chad R. Larson wrote:
> >...  But it did make me wonder if the FreeBSD organization,
> >or any of y'all out there have so done (and if so, what the outcome
> >was).  I'd expect sore spots in the locale stuff, perhaps in process
> >accounting.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/y2kbug.html

Ok, just look:

"After extensive analysis and testing, we believe that
FreeBSD is 100% Y2K compliant...." (from that page)

But what about struct tm from /usr/include/time.h:

        int     tm_year;        /* years since 1900 */

So I suppose asctime(3), localtime(3) and gmtime(3) are not Y2K-compliant,
are they? Applications that blindly rely on Y2K-compliant OS will
operate wrong year value. Did I missed something?

--
Ilya Varlashkin