Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:18:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Dan Moschuk <dm@globalserve.net>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS - Will it ever be fixed?

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Thats a good start , now if we get a few more companies to chip in
> who knows we may end up with a kick ass NFS implementation.
>
> 	Amancio
>
> > Interesting enough, a client that I do contract work for is willing to pay
> > me for 50 hours of time to fix up FreeBSD's NFS implementation.  That's a
> > pretty big penny.
> >
> > I expect I'd be starting this mid-April.

Maybe ... you know, I would be willing to contribute a one time shot,
say $100 (maybe more?), to a fund to fix nfs.  I bet others would too. I
bet if such a fund were advertised, and a goal set, that commercial
interests would *very quickly* contribute.  It's even possible that
maybe one other goal besides nfs could be gotten ... maybe making our
FS's stackable? wouldn't that be incredible?

I think quite a bit of money could be gathered in as little as a month
or two.  There are several folks who could very definitely do this, and
would if they were paid.  There are a pretty good number of us
FreeBSDers around now, and a lot of us would really appreciate being
given a chance to be a part of this.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).