Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:45:12 +0100
From:      Radek Kozlowski <radek@raadradd.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is something wrong with gnome-menus-2.10.1?

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:27:43PM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:30:06 +0100, Radek Kozlowski <radek@raadradd.com>
> wrote:
>
> >A .hidden category in Apps and Desktop,
>
> I can't reproduce this problem. What did you do with menu? Did you tweak
> something or? Can you try to create a 'dummy' account and login to see if
> you still have the same problem?

I didn't modify the menu in any way. The .hidden category is also
visible in a newly created account. Here's a screenshot:

	http://spekt.net/~raadradd/gnome/gnomemenus3.png

Fortunately, after your fixes, there's no .hidden in the Desktop menu.

> >doubled Internet cateogory in Apps and also in Desktop menu (with
> >Kadu, a KDE app).
>
> I can reproduce this and Kadu isn't alone that cause go all over and
> create the multi-cateogory. I have fixed it, in gnome-menus 2.10.1 has
> fixed few annoy and limited bugs. Now, it's much more flexible than before
> that allow me to fix them better. The KDE menu is much nicer now with my
> fixes.

Thanks for fixing it.

> >also Abiword disappeared from the menu, but Menu Editor still shows it
> >in the Office category.
>
> This is really strange for disappeared bug.. I seem to not able reproduce
> this problem, even I reboot the machine.

The firefox, abiword and vlc entires are visible in the menu of a fresh
account, so I really have no idea what causes them to disappear for my
user.

-Radek