Date:      23 Dec 2001 18:13:05 -0500
From:      Roger Savard <Unix@henoc.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba performance

Hi,

I've used samba on my internal network, through a switched network as
well, and without a glitch. If the performance improved I have not
looked into the numbers but I can listen to an mp3 on a pc running (XP)
through samba 2.2.0 while watching an Mpeg movie off the same server
through nfs (amd) on another system running 4.5-Prerelease no problem.

Everything seems ok here.