Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:57:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Cannon <tcannon@noops.org>
To:        Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Program to "guess" phone number?

Caller ID, combined with mgetty will do that. Install the port and check
out /usr/local/etc/mgetty+sendfax/dialin.config for more info.

The basic gist, though, is that yes you can do it, and the syntax is easy,
and even better -- mgetty isn't too tough to set up. I managed to set up
my home desktop/DSL as a backup dialin ISP so I could use my cell phone
modem and laptop and get my mail from the coffee shop up the street at a
screaming 9600 baud.

Where there's a will... ;-)

-thomas