Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:12:42 +0200
From:      "Eugene van Zyl" <eugene@streetcar.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installation problem!

Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.1 Release from CD (got the ISO from =
linuxiso.org) onto a new system.
The CD boots and everything, but once the kernel has been loaded and you =
get presented with the Install screen/program the keyboard doesn't =
respond or the system is hung.
As the bootstrap loader runs the system beeps twice and then I get the =
prompt to load the kernel.=20
I noticed that I don't get the screen with the kernel customisation =
options. I've used the CD on another system which installed fine.

Is something wrong with my hardware? what could it be?

I'm exasperated, and don't have a clue where to start looking for the =
problem.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,
Eugene van Zyl