Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:55:25 +0100
From:      per.stene@sth.frontec.se
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems installing FreeBSD on a Dell XPSR400

I have tried to install FreeBSD 2.2.6 on a Dell XPSR400.
I have some problems with this.

First the hardware:

400MHz Pentium II
128MB RAM
1 IBM-DTTA-3711440  14.4 Gb Ultra-ATA IDE hard disk (Master on primary IDE)
(yep 14 Gb in one hd)
Hitachi GD-2000 DVD-ROM (Master on secondary IDE)
Atapi ZIP drive (Slave on secondary IDE)
STB Velocity video w/ 4MB
Montego Turtle Beach audio
3Com 509b ethernetcard
Logitech Mouse (PS/2 interface)

The problems starts to occure when I try to boot the computer with the boot
floppy.
It says that the hardisk only is 8 Gb in size.
Well the boot continues and I start the full screen setup and remove all
unnecessary devices and
save and exit.
After this the computer hangs showing the text : "Probing devices, please
wait..."

Any ideas?

Regards

/Per