Date:      Tue, 11 May 2010 21:29:50 +0200
From:      Peter Palmreuther <pitpalme@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openjdk6 crashes

Am 10.05.10 11:46, schrieb Achilleas Mantzios:
> Στις Saturday 08 May 2010 00:21:02 ο/η Peter Palmreuther έγραψε:
> The program causing the panic was periodic daily.
> For some reason, the same script on the same hardware with the previous 6.2 kernel was working ok.

*hmmm* OK. I have updated to OpenJDK some time after updating to FreeBSD8. Bot
on the other hand my 'assertion' theory still stands: it's there for a defined
(ugly in consequences but defined!) "way out" and the JVM "goes out" at
exactly this 'assert'-statement. I still see a software related problem more
probable than defect hardware :-)

> Anyway
> Have your tried
> - native jdk

Nope. Hesitated to compile this one as well. So much work :-/ Guess I'll go
through it and test it.

> - the binary diablo

Not the binary, but a self compiled one. Works. For this issue. But I had
other issues with it in the past and got the advice to use 'openjdk' as it's
actively maintained (in opposite to diablo-jdk). Am I wrong?

> - the linux jdk with linuxolator

WTF? Should I really install and activate a linux emulation layer to get a
stable running JRE/JDK? Is this advice just for making sure "other JVMs don't
have this problem" or meant to be a "how to serve JVM on FreeBSD8" advice???
--
Best regards,

Peter Palmreuther

Lesen ist eine Tugend, die man erst einmal lernen muss.
Textverständnis ist hierbei kein zwingendes Erfordernis.