Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2014 12:03:55 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marco Steinbach <coco@executive-computing.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Subject:   Re: How can I override global OPTIONS_UNSET for specific port in make.conf? www/xcache

--HnQK338I3UIa/qiP

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:49:29PM +0200, Marco Steinbach wrote:
> Miroslav Lachman schrieb:
> > I don't need DOCS, EXAMPLES etc. for each port as I normaly do not use=
=20
> > them on servers.
> > I have this line in make.conf
> >=20
> > OPTIONS_UNSET=3D X11 GUI CUPS DOCS EXAMPLES NLS
> >=20
> > Now I need www/xcache port installed with EXAMPLES.
> > I tried following in make.conf:
> >=20
> > xcache_SET=3D EXAMPLES
> >=20
> > or
> >=20
> > xcache_SET_FORCE=3D EXAMPLES
> >=20
> > In both cases, xcache is installed without EXAMPLES.
> >=20
> > So how can I have globally disabled EXAMPLES and enable it only for one=
=20
> > specific port?
>=20
> After some testing, I think this could be a bug in the handling of=20
> PORTEXAMPLES / PORTDOCS, since flipping EXAMPLES / DOCS options (and any=
=20
> other options I tried) with these switches works as expected.
>=20
> I'll try and have a go at this.

The port should just add EXAMPLES to OPTIONS_DEFINE otherwise the framework=
 is
not entierly followed, if maintainer adds EXAMPLES then a simple
xcache_SET=3D EXAMPLES or www_xcache_SET=3D EXAMPLES

will just works.

That is why all DOCS, NLS, EXAMPLES etc should not anymore be hidden.

regards,
Bapt

--HnQK338I3UIa/qiP

--HnQK338I3UIa/qiP--