Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 1998 01:11:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.7R and sio

I tried upgrading a machine at work from 2.2.2R to 2.2.7R tonight, and ran
into a problem i've not encountered before with this upgrade.  The machine
is one of two servers we use for dialup.  Each server has two 16 port boca
board on a shared irq.  Under 2.2.2R this has ran fine for about a year,
with no problems at all aside from an occasionaly silo buffer overflow.

Tonight however, when I booted with the kernel configured to support
the boca's I got a strange error, like this :

sio1: configured irq 10 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0x10

I'm able to access the modems and dialout, although they respond very
sluggishly and don't always flush their buffers properly.  They are useless
for dialin, which is what we use them for.

I've tried changing irqs and flags but after 12 or 13 kernels, decided to try
here.  Does anyone have a clue about this error?

Thank you very much,
Licia

licia@o-o.org