Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 95 11:55:17 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        gclarkii@freefall.cdrom.com (Gary Clark II)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FoxPro II

> Hi,
>
> Do some more tracking (Thanks to Jordan on the tip on ktrace) I belive
> I've found the problem.
> Here are a couple of lines from the trace.
>
> CALL open(0x40524f,0,0)
> NAMI /dev/null
> RET  open 4
> CALL old.fstat (0x4,0x6,0xefbfbf78)
> RET  old.fstat -1 errno 99 Unknown error: 99
> CALL close(0x04)
> RET  close 0
>
> Right after this it makes a lseek to find the error messages and then
> displays "Too many open files" and then exits.  The only other errors
> that appear are "Inapporite(sic) ioctl for device" but it keeps loading
> things even after these so...
>
> Can someone please shed some light on the above?  I've just loaded
> the library source and want to check what could cause the above.

It makes an lseek or an old.lseek?

old.fstat (ofstat in kern/kern_descrip.c) can only return a vn_stat,
an soo_stat, EBADF, or a copyout error.

Or a panic.

It also only takes two arguments, not 3 (fd, struct ostat *sb).

Where is that '6' coming from?  Are you sure this is supposed to be
an fstat?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---