Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 07:41:38 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        fpawlak@execpc.com, jcwells@u.washington.edu, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: Andreessen: Linux use growing

Amancio Hasty wrote:
> I think is high time that we start complaining to Netscape about
> the development status of the netscap browsers for freebsd .
> Specially since we have a very stable distribution compared
> to linux which leads me to believe that they are bias towards
> linux and if we can't manage to break the chain we will always
> be delegated to second status because *we* don't take the steps
> to be known.

Netscape won't be making any money out of a FreeBSD browser so it
will never be supported by them. And now that mozilla.org has been
formed, it's up to FreeBSD people to contribute to that.

Any negative mail you choose to send to either Netscape or mozilla.org
will undermine other (private) mail in the last week trying to improve
the communication with FreeBSD.org.

I can understand the emotion that people have, but I wish you would
all cool down before you give outsiders the impression that we're all so
hot headed and intolerant.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137