Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:30:38 -0400
From:      Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with fsck_ffs

  There are src/tools/tools/find-sb and ports/sysutils/scan_ffs.  And I
  have my own implemetation of course :-)

Yes, but find-sb really should be part of fsck.  And while we're on the
subject, maybe newfs should have an upper limit on how many spares it
generates.  Or at least stop telling you the block number of each one.  The
days when a large shop might have one or two disk drives, and you would
actually write down the block numbers of the spares, are long gone.