Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:35:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Gary Saunders <garys@netconnect.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Gary Saunders wrote:

> I am trying to install on a PC with a 1.04 GB hard drive.
> I tried to install from a boot floppy made from the CD and directly from
> the
> CD with the same result:
>         In FDISK Partition Editor - I have the following (Disk Geometry
> from
>         pfdisk):
> Disk Name wd0
> DISK Geometry: 527 cycles/64 heads/63 sectors = 2124864 sectors
>
> Offset  Size  End       Name  Type  Dest        Subtype  Flags
>     0     63   62       -       6   unused           0
>    63 2124801 2124863   wd0s1   2   fat              6     =
> 2124864  6048 2130911   -       6   unused           0     A
>
> In the next screen - FreeBSD Label Editor - is where I couldn't get
> commands
> to work or didn't know what to do.

You didn't select a slice to install FreeBSD to. Since this disk is fully
allocated you'll either have to destroy your FAT slice, shrink it with
FIPS or Partition Magic, or use another disk.

You must have a slice with Dest "freebsd" before the Label Editor will
allow you to change anything.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo