Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:24:36 -0700
From:      eculp@encontacto.net
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: burncd/cdcontrol need to be rebuilt (CDRIO*SPEED changes)

Quoting Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>:

 | On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 eculp@encontacto.net wrote:
 | > With current from yesterday, I get the following error when trying to
 | > burn a cd.  I haven't burned one for probably a month or maybe more.
 | > If I remove the -s, the results are the same.
 | >
 | > Does anyone have a suggestion, fix or work around?
 | >
 | >  # burncd -f /dev/acd0c -s 1 data cd0.raw20021022 fixate
 | > burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCWRITESPEED): Input/output error
 | >
 | > Thanks,
 | >
 | > ed
 |
 | I've changed the subject since I guess a HEADSUP may be necessary.
 |
 | Try rebuilding burncd.  The CDRIOC*SPEED api was changed to allow the user
 | application to send raw KB/s values whereas before the ioctl took in
 | speeds in multiples of a 1X CDROM (1 = 177KB/s, 2 = 354KB/s, ...)  This
 | was necessary to allow the user app to specify a speed of CDR_MAX_SPEED,
 | which means the drive should choose its highest speed.

Nate,

Thanks, for the input.  I've still got a problem that I'm going to check.
My version was cvsuped and built this morning following Peter's
instructions in his HEADS UP email.  That is when I saw the problem.
I was going to burn releases that I had made this past week
just in case :-)

/root # ls -l `which burncd`
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  18228 Oct 26 11:11 /usr/sbin/burncd

/var/tmp # uname -a
FreeBSD worldinternet.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #31: Sat Oct 26
07:12:23 PDT 2002     root@worldinternet.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PIII850N  i386
worldinternet.org:

Thanks,

ed