Date:      Mon, 07 Jun 1999 06:38:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, John Baldwin <jobaldwi@smtp1.erols.com>
Subject:   Re: NIS strangeness

On 07-Jun-99 Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> On Sun, 06-Jun-1999 at 22:27:52 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

>> > Remove the star - that's what's preventing kathleen from logging in.
>
> Now, please let me jump in here... I am currently debugging some curious
> effects of NIS/ELF together with John Polstra. I am looking for
> someone who has:
>
> 1.) A recent 3.2-STABLE installation with at least a
>     version 1.13.2.8 of libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.c
>
> 2.) A working NIS master server with the machine from 1.)
>
> 3.) Two or more slave server with the machine from 1.)
>

> If all the above points apply, I would like to know the output of
> the following command on the NIS master (replace the hostnames, they
> are not important here):
>
> yppush -vvv <any NIS map, e.g. mail.aliases>

Well, the server is running 2.2.7.  We've had problems using 3.0 and 3.1
machines as slaves, so our only slave right now is running Digital UNIX.  The
next chance I get, I'll setup a slave server on one of our 3.2 servers and see
how that goes.  There are plans to upgrade the NIS master to 3.2 eventually,
just not quite yet. :(

> Thanks a lot,
>
>       -Andre
> -