Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 00:35:30 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        f-q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to put color in your console?

forgot to cc to the list, so...

----- Forwarded message from parv <parv_@yahoo.com> -----

Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:25:27 -0400
To: "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
From: parv <parv_@yahoo.com>

so, E. J. Cerejo shared this in my lifetime...
> Hello, I was wondering if you can put color in your
> console to make it more appealing!

besides ls, you can compile 4 or so colors in the kernel which
makes easier to disntinguish between normal console work & kernel
messages not to mention better highlighting of man pages.

see /sys/i386/conf/LINT for more, if any, info on following 4 options:

# normal text of console
#options 	SC_NORM_ATTR="(FG_CYAN|BG_BLACK)"
#
# seen only in man ouptput, so far, for 'underlined text'
#options 	SC_NORM_REV_ATTR="(FG_YELLOW|BG_BLACK)"
#
# kernel messages
#options 	SC_KERNEL_CONS_ATTR="(FG_GREEN|BG_BLACK)"
#
# didn't see this color yet in action
#options 	SC_KERNEL_CONS_REV_ATTR="(FG_YELLOW|BG_RED)"

- parv

----- End forwarded message -----