Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 23:21:41 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: routed and rip V1

We run RIPv1 (with around 1600 routes, yes, we are insane).  I just
started up routed on a 2.2.2 system and it failed to install most of
the routes that it heard (although if you run "routed -t" it prints
out all of the routes).  It did install a couple of routes.

I then tried the routed from -current (get /usr/src/sbin/routed and
/usr/include/protocols/routed.h), and it seemed to work much better.
I have 856 routes in my routing table now (only 856 because routed
managed to aggregate some RIP routes before installing them into the
kernel table, pretty cool).

So,
a) try the routed from -current and see if it works for you
b) I'll put "merge routed into RELENG_2_2" onto my todo list if
it works for you.

  Bill