Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 22:31:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   More on xcdplayer and NEC 3xp issues...

It appears my xcdplayer issues have to do with the NEC 3xp
drive, and not the SCSI controller...

Using xcd I was able to reproduce the problem - although xcd
would then claim the cd had been ejected and not play it any
more...

xmcd was able to deal with it just fine - after properly
configuring the device as a NEC CDR-400.  The only problem I get
from xmcd is:

  CD audio: SCSI command fault on /dev/rcd0c:
  Opcode=0x1e Status=0x3

it appears to be able to pause, restart, jump around tracks
change the volume and play without any issue (except that one
at startup.)

	- Dave Rivers -