Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:00:00 -0800
From:      Joshua Lokken <joshua@twobirds.us>
To:        Martijn <freeBSD@parel.demon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom mount problem

* Martijn <freeBSD@parel.demon.nl> [2004-03-18 08:14]:
> Hi chris,
>
> You first have to unmount the cdrom before you can mount
> a new cd, you can do that by typing:
> umount /cdrom
>
> greets, Martijn
>
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 16:35, Chris wrote:
> > *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
> >

> > In summary: the only way to mount my cdrom after burning an ISO is to
> > reboot first.
> >

> > Prior to 5.2.1-RC1, I was able to burn ISO imaged onto a CDRW using burncd,
> > then later mount /cdrom to access the files I burned. With RC1 and now with
> > 5.2.1-RELEASE, a strange thing happens:
> >
> > After a reboot, I can mount /cdrom and access files on the disc. But if I
> > re-burn the ISO file, then try to mount /cdrom, I get this:
> >
> > cd9660: /dev/acd0: Input/output error
> >
> > BUT... if I reboot THEN try to access that same disk, it works fine.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris

Please don't top-post.  I have used burncd since 4.5, and I have
never mounted a CD-R to burn it.  I'm sorry, I have no light to
shed on your problem, just wanted to keep your confusion to a
minimum.  Again, burning a CD-R under FreeBSD with burncd does
NOT involve mounting the drive first.

--
Joshua

"Beauty is transitory."
"Beauty survives."
		-- Spock and Kirk, "That Which Survives", stardate unknown