Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:30:03 -0500
From:      "Mark Alli" <mark@bodkin.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   samba

I have a network running FreeBSD,Linux and Windows. My problem is I have a
shared printer attached to a Windows NT 4.0 machine and I want to print to
it from FreeBSD and Linux machines. I have already set up the printcap file
and created a directory for the new printer ie P4, and restarted lpd, the
"lock" and "status" files were created, and when I do a teslprn everything
is fine. My problem is, when I try to print I get the error "job could not
be printed". What am I doing wrong.

Example of the command I am using: lpr -P P4 myfile

Mark Alli
Disc Software
Manager of Operations and Software Development
2150 Dunwin Dr. Unit #1
Mississauga ON
L5L-1C7
(905) 820-0896 ext220