Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 1998 01:15:40 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, rock@cs.uni-sb.de, tlambert@primenet.com
Subject:   Re: IO performance (UFS read clustering), bad ZIP drive performance

>Given that you hold the "depends" criteria, will you be assessing them
>and taking the ultimately requisite action, or should I just commit the
>patch and wait for your complaint(s) in the hope that they're more
>illuminating?

The change is in my version so I won't forget about it.  You can assess
it if you want.  Note that it is just a quick (but probably correct)
fix for "not mature" support for larger I/O clusters.  The problem could
also be fixed by initializing d_maxio to nonzero in devswitches for all
disk devices.  Then the < 0 case would only occur for disk devices that
you forgot.

Bruce