Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:46:33 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Albrecht Kleine <java@ak.sax.de>
To:        poincare@the.forthnet.gr (Dimitris Vyzovitis)
Cc:        java-linux@java.blackdown.org, java@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: JIT and unexpected verify errors for jdk1.2

> Dimitris Vyzovitis wrote:

> At any rate, who could answer questions concerning the linux port of sunwjit?

> PS: Hopefully tya1.3 will be out real soon, so that we don't have to depend on
> sunwjit...

OK, you won't to be depend on sunwjit, but don't expect to be faster
than sunwjit. (Hope you are not disappointed to much.)

Any JIT will call a lot of functions residing inside the JVM. May be
some of them are not yet optimized in the first alpha release of 1.2/linux?

As mentioned, there is an early TYA1.3 running here but I have some
heavy problems to get EXCEPTIONS_BY_SIGNALS running. A threads problem maybe.
And BTW bug hunting is difficult because there are bugs inside the JVM
and of course my TYA bugs.

Why I am speaking about ``bugs inside the JVM''? Simply because sunwjit
doesn't run using green threads. But nobody knows why ??  So I hope
the people @blackdown will release another version really soon.

BTW does anyone knows the current state of JDK1.2 for FreeBSD ?
(You know, TYA runs on FreeBSD too.)

Cheers
Albrecht
CC: java@freeBSD.org