Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:05:25 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD in a Nutshell?

David,

     Thanks for the update!  This is really good news!  Hopefully, other
publishers will be following suit as well.

Cheers

Joe

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          David Johnson|
|        |          <djohnson@acu|
|        |          son.com>     |
|        |                       |
|        |          07/11/00     |
|        |          11:40 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG              |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Joe Warner/SMS)                    |
  |       Subject:     BSD in a Nutshell?                  |
  >--------------------------------------------------------|

Here's a quote from the BSD section of Slashdot:

InfoMonk writes: "I attended a library conference over the weekend. Tim
O'Reilly spoke at a presentation on Open Source Software for libraries.
After the conference I asked him about the long running interest in
O'Reilly putting out BSD publications. He confirmed that two projects
are currently in development, the expected BSD in a Nutshell and another
book whose subject is not yet clear. This is very good news of course,
to BSD hackers who are slightly tired of the press coverage that Linux
has been given in the past year."

It looks like our wish for BSD-oriented O'Reilly books may soon come
true...

David