Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 09:52:19 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (long) upgrade kit for 3.x ports?!

* dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com> [010510 02:04]:
> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 12:24:44AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:

> I mean, 3.5 was released LESS THAN ONE YEAR AGO and now I am FORCED TO
> UPGRADE if I want to install a single piece of software?!  That strikes me as
> pointlessly fascist.
>
> *sigh*

I can imagine it's a pain in the ass, but if 5.0's ever going to ship, I
suppose the development team needs to take time from something to devote to it.

Surely if you're getting the ports updated, you could just update the
system the same way (cvs)? (Sorry if it's a blindingly obvious reason,
but my first coffee of the morning is sat waiting to be drunk,
so my brain hasn't woken up yet)

--
"Adopted kids are such a pain -- you have to teach them how to look
like you ..."