Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 1995 10:35:43 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier ROBERT)
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.org (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: scsi(1) and WORM drives..

> I've got a Phillips CDROM burner that I would, for obvious reasons,
> love to actually have work under FreeBSD.  I know that it's probably
> impractical, since these things need to be fed a steady stream of

No, it can work ! The guys at the french school named ENSTA have modified
the NetBSD driver (they have more than an hundred of PCs under NetBSD
for the students) and it works for a Ricoh writer.

Contact rougeau@ensta.fr on my behalf.

--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
   FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #18: Thu Jan 26 22:22:16 MET 1995