Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 09:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      karant@gallium.csusb.edu (Dr. Yasha Karant)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: motif... (fwd)

Forwarded message:
> From mail Sun Apr  9 21:51 PDT 1995
> Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 00:15:04 -0400
> From: "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
> To: Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
> Cc: freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: RE: motif...
> Sender: hackers-owner@FreeBSD.org
>

>  > (sorry about that Matt, but I think GeomView would be a really nifty
>  > thing to have for FreeBSD...)  :)
>
> 	What is GeomView?
>

> -matt
>

> --
> Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
>                  -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration
> Work Related     -> mmead@ctr.vt.edu    |     mmead@goof.com <-     All Other
> ---- -------            WWW -> http://www.goof.com/~mmead           --- -----

GeomView is a license for free to most educational institutions
application (no, I don't know if it is GPL, PD, or something else)
which is developed at the Geometry Center of the University of Minnesota.

It permits one to
experiment with a variety of "complicated" geometrical objects in real
time with a full GUI interface and view of the object (rotation,
translation, ... ); one can create objects in it.  It was originally
designed for the Silicon Graphics *proprietary* windowing system, but
has been ported to X.  I have seen it run on Silicon Graphics and
SunOS (Solaris 2, I think).  We could probably arrange a port.

Yasha Karant
karant@gallium.csusb.edu