Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 1998 20:59:04 -0600
From:      John Dorr <hackz@FutureGate.Net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel problem

--------------6EA181D7B99B368299F9628A

here is my kernel setup please tell me what on earth I did wrong,

my computer is a pentium 200 MMX, 48 megs of ram, tyan tomcat IV
motherboard, USR X2 Sportster, SB AWE 64 PnP, ps2 mouse, primary IDE
control: Master= 5 gig maxtor, slave Mitsumi 16x cd rom
secondary control: master: 1.6 gig Maxtor (this is where free BSD is at)
slave: Phillips OMNIwriter 6x read 2x write cd burner
I have no scsi devices on this machine.

the kernel is the attachment called "Twisted"

here are the errors I get when I do make

pdq_ifsubr.o: Undefined symbol '_fddi_input' referenced from text
segment
pdq_ifsubr.o: Undefined symbol '_arp_ifinit referencedfrom text segment
pdq_ifsubr.o: Undefined symbol '_ether_addmulti' referencedfrom text
segment
pdq_ifsubr.o: Undefined symbol '_ether_delmulti' referenced from text
segment
pdq_ifsubr.o: Undefined symbol '_fddi_output' referenced from text
segment
pdq_ifsubr.o: Undefined symbol '_fddi_ifattatch' referenced from text
segment
aha1742.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_alloc_bus' referenced from text
segment
aha1742.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_attachdevs' referenced from text
segment
aha1742.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_done' referenced from text segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_alloc_bus' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_attachdevs' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_alloc_bus' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_attatch_devs' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_sc_print_addr' referenced from text
segment
aic7xxx.o: More undefined symbol _sc_print_addr refs follow
aic7xxx.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_done' referenced from  text segment
ioconf.o :Undefined symbol'_fdcdriver' referenced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_fdintr' referenced from data segment

--------------6EA181D7B99B368299F9628A

# handbuilt kernel attempt

machine      "i386"  #machine type DO NOT CHANGE
ident         TWISTED #this is the id of the kernel
maxusers      10

options       CHILD_MAX=128
options       OPEN_MAX=128
options       "MAXDSIZ=(256*1024*1024)"
options       "DFLDSIZ=(256*1024*1024)"
options       FAILSAFE
config        kernel    root on wd0 dumps on wd0

#CPU OPTIONS

cpu           "I586_CPU" #AKA Pentium

options       "CPU FASTER ON 5X86_FPU"
options       "NO_FOOF_HACK"

#COMPATIBILITY OPTIONS

options       "COMPAT_43"
options       SYSVSHM
options       SYSVSEM
options       SYSVMSG
options       "MD5"

#debugging options

options      DDB
options      DIAGNOSTIC
options      PERFMON

# NETWORKING OPTIONS

options     INET
#options     IPX

# NETWORK INTERFACES

pseudo-device    sppp
pseudo-device    ppp    2
pseudo-device    loop
pseudo-device    tun    1
pseudo-device    fddi
pseudo-device    bpfilter       4
pseudo-device    disc

# Internet Family Options

options         MROUTING
options         IPDIVERT    # POSSIBLE PROBLEM

# Filesystem options

options        FFS
options        NQNFS
options        "CD9660"
options        FDESC
options        PROCFS
options        DEVFS
options        MFS

options        MFS_ROOT=10
options        NSWAPDEV=20
options        "CD9660_ROOTDELAY=20"

# Miscellaneous Devices

pseudo-device pty       16
pseudo-device speaker
pseudo-device log
pseudo-device gzip

#hardware devices

controller   isa0

options      BOUNCE BUFFERS
options      "MAXMEM=(48*1024)

controller   pnp0

device       sc0        at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr

device       npx0  at isa? port "IO_NPX" iosiz 0x0 flags 0x0 irq 13 vector
npxintr

# ESDI AND IDE HARD DRIVES

#Master Controller
controller   wdc0       at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk         wd0        at wdc0 drive 0
disk         wd1        at wdc0 drive 1

#Secondary Controller
controller   wdc1       at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
disk         wd2        at wdc1 drive 0
disk         wd3        at wdc1 drive 1

options      ATAPI

device       wcd0
device       wfd0

controller   fdc0 at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr

#other Standard PC hardware

device      lpt1  at isa? port "IO_LPT3" tty irq 5 vector lptintr

#network devices

controller  snd0
device      sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device      sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device      sbmidi at isa? port 0x330
device      awe0 at isa? port 0x620

controller  eisa0