Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:26:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Vicknesan AYADURAI <vicknesan@bigfoot.com>
To:        Paul G Webster <opensource@interflective.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Looking for a supported PCMCIA dual NIC card

I haven't experienced any perceivable latency issues with my
USB-ethernet adapter, but then again, my requirements were fairly
general.

Nonetheless, intrigued by your comment, I did a quick ping test
between this machine running FBSD-7.0R and another FBSD host on the
same subnet/LAN (maybe with a switch or two somewhere in-between them)
with the following results:

PCMCIA interface:
500 packets transmitted, 500 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.869/1.351/76.917/4.801 ms

USB-ethernet interface:
500 packets transmitted, 500 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.855/1.339/1.956/0.174 ms

This is probably nothing definitive, so I'll just leave it to you to
interpret the results and draw your own conclusions :-)

Regards,
vick