Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:27:32 -0400
From:      Bob Collins <bob@pineypl.com>
To:        webfire <stewenv@wf.net>
Subject:   Re: help

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:20:33PM -0700, webfire wrote:
> i hit ftp sites
> then the first link
> then releases........ok what is the diff..alpha and i386? what do i download? what files? iam confused.....iam using a pc, with windows 2000 and redhat 7.1 dual boot......please help, derek

Looks like you will want the i386 version. This is based on the fact
you are using a pc, which we will assume uses an Intel based chip,
AMD, or the like. The Alpha version is for the Alpha processor
systems. Alpha was originally DEC's product, which they then sold to
Compaq, but that is another story.

Methinks you might want to read a bit of the handbook prior to jumping
into FreeBSD, as it seems you are not sure of what hardware you are
running.

  -Bob