Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:13:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mdh <mdh_lists@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   monodevelop compile-time problem

Howdy,
When trying to compile monodevelop on FreeBSD 7-STABLE, I get the following errors:
Making all in contrib
Making all in Mono.Cecil
Error expanding embedded variable.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /u/root/bld/monodevelop-1.0/contrib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /u/root/bld/monodevelop-1.0.

This is similar to an error when I tried to compile mono-addins, however installing mono-addins from ports worked.  I'm using the latest mono/mono-addins/gtksourceview/gtk# from ports.  Unfortunately, there's no monodevelop port.  Has anyone successfully gotten monodevelop working?  I looked for patches in the mono-addins port to see if it changed anything that might fix this error, but found none.  Any help is, of course, much appreciated.

Thanks, mdh