Date:      Fri, 09 Oct 1998 21:00:29 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        chad@dcfinc.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: firewalling

At 04:29 PM 10/9/98 -0700, Chad R. Larson wrote:
>Does anyone have an opinion (now there's a stupid question) about IP
>firewalling vs TCP wrappers to protect a server exposed to the great
>unwashed Internet?

This is more of a question for 'questions' and I am following up there.
TCP wrappers is nice for controlling anything out of inetd, but you have
far more control by using ipfw and also better logging.  Also, you can
control UDP and icmp through ipfw and prevent people from throwing spoofed
packets at your addresses, not to mention protect *other* machines on your
network.

	---Mike